In a single device, The Yubikey NEO has both contact (USB) and contactless (NFC, MIFARE) communications. It uniquely supports One-Time Passcodes, smart card functionality, including OpenPGP and PIV, and the emerging FIDO Alliance Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) protocol. The YubiKey NEO can be configured for U2F and other modes using the NEO Manager.
- Emits One Time Passwords (OTP) through both NFC (Near Field Communication) and USB interfaces
- Mifare Classic, for legacy physical access control systems
- Common Criteria certified bank grade authentication ICs
- CCID compliant USB token, including secure element and JavaCard
- First authentication device to comply with FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) requirements
- Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Firefox, Chrome, etc
The YubiKey NEO has all the functionality of a standard YubiKey with the addition of NFC communication for access to mobile devices, Yubico SmartCard applets and Mifare Classic support.
YubiKeys can be configured for use with Yubico One Time Password (OTP), OATH-HOTP, HMAC-SHA1 Challenge-Response and Static Password. A YubiKey can hold two independent configurations of any supported type, thus functioning in essence as two separate keys.
Slot 1: Yubico OTP
Slot 2: Blank
Applets: OpenPGP, YubiOATH, PIV, FIDO U2F
- Additional user setup is required to turn on U2F functionality. For more details, please read the guide at yubi.co/unlockU2F.
- Currently sold YubiKey NEOs do not support the development or management of JavaCard applets.