KrakenSDR is a software-defined, coherently operated, five-RX-channel radio based on RTL-SDR. A coherent radio allows for very interesting applications, such as radio direction finding, and beamforming.
Features & Specifications
- Five-channel, coherent-capable RTL-SDR, all clocked to a single local oscillator
- Built-in automatic coherence synchronization hardware
- Automatic coherence synchronization and management via provided Linux software
- 24 MHz to 1766 MHz tuning Range (standard R820T2 RTL-SDR range, and possibly higher with hacked drivers)
- 4.5 V bias tee on each port
- Core DAQ and DSP software is open source and designed to run on a Raspberry Pi 4
- Direction-finding software for Android (free for non-commercial use)
The KrakenSDR replaces the KerberosSDR product.
Note: KrakenSDR does not include the require USB-C power supply and data cable, and does not include application specific antennas.