The MiniPwner is a penetration testing “drop box”. It is designed as a small, simple but powerful device that can be inconspicuously plugged into a network and provide the penetration tester remote access to that network. It’s made up of a portable router running OpenWrt piggy-backed onto a battery pack.
- Integrated Wired and Wireless connections
Once plugged into a target network, the Mini-Pwner can establish an SSH tunnel through the target network, or can be accessed by wifi. In addition, the MiniPwner can be configured as a wifi sniffer and logger – wardriving in your pocket.
- Low power consumption, can be run off battery.
With the internal 2000 mAh battery included in the kit, the Mini-Pwner will run for over five hours of active wired and wireless activity. No need to find a power outlet during the pen test.
- Multiple PenTesting Tools included
tcpdump, nbtscan, netcat, nmap, kismet, karma, snort, aircrack-ng, ettercap-ng to name a few.
- Modular configuration aka “MiniModes”
Three position toggle switch enables pre-defined configurations to be executed.
- Flexible and Expandable
The MiniPwner runs on the open source OpenWrt operating system. You can easily add or change the installed packages. With the included 16gb flash drive there is plenty of space for various scenarios.
- Small size
The MiniPwner can be easily carried in a pocket, hidden behind a telephone, or hang from a jack by a short ethernet cable.
- War Walking / wireless auditing
- Penetration testing drop box
- OpenVPN client
- Pivot box (reverse connection via SSH or OpenVPN)
- A rogue access point for man-in-the-middle attacks
- General network auditing and recon
Version 2 updates:
- Internal 2000 mAh rechargeable battery. Version 1 had an external 1700 mAh battery.
- 16gb flash drive. Version 1 used an 8gb flash drive.
- Modular configuration aka “MiniModes” via three position toggle switch. Version 1 had no hardware switch.