A hackable electronic badge featuring two microcontrollers, 14 LEDs, and an OLED display. Connectivity options include WiFi, Bluetooth and USB HID. Design was inspired by Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex series.
Core Badge Specs:
- Atmel 32u4
- 96×64 Graphic Full Color OLED Display
- 14x Mini NeoPixel RGB LEDs
- 4 tactile buttons arranged in Joypad configuration
- 8 Mb Storage
- 2×2 “Shitty Add-on” support
- Powered via 2 AA batteries or USB
We will be leveraging code from last year such as LED patterns, OLED animations, personalization, and some of the network tools. The majority of feature enhancements will be related to the new chip capabilities of the esp32 (vs esp8266 last year) for BLE and the atmel 32u4 for HID. Source code will be open source and released prior to DEF CON 26 so you can add to it ahead of time. Design files will be released after DEF CON. This badge will not be for sale after DEF CON 26 as it is an limited production run.
New Features Already Implemented:
- Keyboard and mouse injection via scripts. Ducky script compatible. Enhanced scripting language to support mouse commands.
- Demo payloads for Windows and Linux systems
- Mouse jiggler for anti screensaver / anti password lock situations
- NTP clock sync
- Time-Based One-Time Password (TOTP) and HMAC-based One-Time Password (HOTP) support
- Google Authenticator mode /w keyboard insertion on demand
Pre-order/presale note: Distribution of badges will be during DEF CON. We will not be shipping badges prior to the event as they will likely be coming in right up to the event. By purchasing this, you must be there and obtain them from our booth. If you miss out on the presale, you will have the opportunity to purchase at the event itself but there will be limited units available. Purchasing it now will reserve your badge so no need to rush to the vendor area when doors open.
In the case where you are unable to attend but still want this cool art and electronics badge, we have another badge page that includes shipping. This will be shipped after the event when we are back in office.
Disclaimer note: We will make all attempts to provide you with an awesome featured badge, but also keep in mind this is an art and electronics project. Code might not be fully stable, all the cool features we want to get in there might not make it in time. The software is freely available for you to hack and modify yourself.